Sunday 20 July 2014

Dust unsettled.

After a week of not talking, the youngster drunk dialled me on Tuesday night. He had graduated earlier that day and was out with his fellow 22 year olds. Needless to say, being an oldie (I am quarter of a century now), I was already in bed at 10pm when he called.

So I tried my hardest to play hard to get, but I have never been that strong. I text him the next day to say congratulations for graduating and he called me. We spoke for a while and it was really good to hear from him so I decided to agree when he asked if he could take me for dinner.

Yesterday was one of the best dates I've had in a long time. We spent 8 hours together eating, talking, watching films, watching the sun go down over Cardiff Bay (I know, I just made myself vomit too!) and it felt amazing. He has completely unsettled my plans to give up men for a while!

And part of the problem is that I got some amazing news this week. I'm moving to my spiritual home (Somerset/Devon) soon as I have just been offered an amazing job opportunity which is a wonderful career move for me. So I think I am going to have to attempt to be detached from the "relationship" we've got and have as much fun with him while I can, but still keep in the back of my mind that I know it isn't right and that this move will be the best thing to happen to me in a long time.

I've been saying 2014 would be my year for about 3 years. It looks that way career wise, but on the man front it's all still up in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment=]