Wednesday 9 July 2014

Another one bites the dust

This is a post-"break-up" post. But don't be scared off straight away; I won't be banging on about how devastated/angry/insecure I am.

This latest three month fling was with, shock horror, a younger man!! I never thought I'd find myself dating someone three years my junior, but it happened. He was tall, dark and had amazing dimples so I could overlook the age. Mostly because everyone I have ever been with has been older and has still acted about 12 years old.

But then he went to Europe for a few weeks and while he was away and telling me he was missing me, I was at home enjoying my single life with the girls again and not really believing him anyway. I was right not to believe him because I found out through a Facebook comment sent to another person that he was home, and got so fed up of waiting to actually see him that I resorted to a text to call it off, feeling just as childish as all those idiots I've dated before!

Instead of feeling vulnerable, which is the normal reaction to finding myself without a man to give me attention and have regular sex with, I am feeling positively perky. I had a great day in work, when in the past I could be found blubbering in the bathroom after a break-up. I came home to an amazing letter, which could possibly be the best opportunity of my career and my life. And I've spent my evening sniggering at old Sex and the City episodes, feeling a huge sense of female camaraderie with these timeless characters, relying on Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Sam to make me laugh because all my besties are busy.

My best friends for the night
And now I have an amazing weekend ahead, with a night out on the cards for friend's birthday on Saturday. As they say "another one bites the dust". But I'm just going to dust off my dancing shoes for an amazing night with the girls and forget all about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment=]