Monday 3 December 2012

Bad news comes in threes

I haven't actually received any bad news, but three separate men who are all bad news have contacted me this weekend.

What was supposed to be a really fun weekend with all the girls, including my best friend from University who was visiting from Devon, was tainted on Friday, Saturday AND Sunday. It felt as if these boys had all ganged up in a "Let's annoy Emily" club and strategically planned to shake me up each day of the weekend.

It started on Friday. I had the day off and so did my Devonshire darling so we went shopping in Cardiff and who should walk directly past me but my ex boyfriend who I haven't seen in over a year. I noticed him walk past, pointed and said "Oh my God, it's Jack!" and he still just walked straight past like I was a stranger. It was such a shock to see him in Cardiff since the last I heard he was living in Poland, and I thought we would have at least been able to talk like adults but he still just walked straight past, pretending to have not seen us. That didn't bother me too much, although I did have the shakes a bit and needed to be injected with a Caramel Frappucino from Starbucks.

On Saturday night me and all the girls got ourselves ready for a night out in Cardiff, and I can't really complain because we had so much fun. It was only when we got home that the night took a turn for the worse. A year ago I had a quick fling with a man who I'd been warned about by my best friend, but as I was sort of on the rebound I didn't pay attention. Well on Saturday night/Sunday morning, this "man" turned up at my house absolutely wasted. Not only did he turn up at the house, he turned up in his car - drink driving, classy - with his neighbour in the backseat. I don't know what he thought was going to happen, I'm not really one to try a threesome and I certainly don't like drink driving. Luckily my friend from Merthyr was also staying at the house and she gave him the best talking to I've ever heard. Again, I suppose as I'm writing all of this down it didn't actually bother me too much; it was happened on Sunday that really popped the cherry on top of what otherwise would have been an amazing weekend!

I'd had a lovely Nando's as my hangover cure, my friend had driven herself back to Devon, and I was just settling down to watch 500 Days of Summer for the millionth time, when the boy I had been seeing this Summer decided to text me out of the blue after 3 months of no contact at all. The gist of the story is that he messed me around quite a lot, I told him how I felt one night, and he told me he wasn't ready to be anyone's boyfriend. I was honestly fine with that, and was sure we could be friends since he had at least been "honest" with me; that was until I found out that he was back with his ex-girlfriend the same week that we had had our "chat". So why he was texting me this weekend I couldn't tell you, and it has brought back a lot of feelings that I was only just starting to get over.

So, there you have it. A bucket full of arseholes in one weekend. I'm feeling pretty shit about myself and I'm beginning to think that there are no nice guys out there for me whatsoever.

If anyone knows of any nice, attractive, funny men please send them my way; I'm sure I could bring out the arsehole in them. I have a knack.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment=]